Monday, September 11, 2006

bees from the boot sale


Boot Sale Sounds is one of my favorite music blogs. One of the main reasons: you never know what you'll find next.

In this case, it's a recording by Nigerian singer Nat Atkins. Back in the late 1980s, I came across Nat's name on the back of a record sleeve, in the composer's credits for a song titled "Darling Don't Say No." Nice song, but what really grabbed me was his band's name: Nat Atkins and his Crazy Bees.

It turns out that Nat lived in London and recorded for the Melodisc label. Some of his work is featured on London is the Place for Me, Vol. 4 (Honest Jon's). It's on my shopping list!

For now, though, I'm enjoying Sumongole, courtesty of Michael Leigh, the owner and proprietor of the Boot Sale Sounds archive. Be sure to stop by and check his latest entries...





No comments: